Stainless Steel Welding Electrode E308L-16
TOKO-308L is an austenitic type stainless stick electrode for all position welding. The nominal weld metal chemical compositions are low C-18Cr-8Ni and mechanical properties are good. The welding features are (1) arc is stable (2)less spatter (3) the weld bead appearance is good (4) good slag detachability (5) radiographic test result is good. It is suitable for the welding of petrochemistry, pressure vessel, food machinery, medical device and etc. SUS304L and equivalent.Typical Chemical Composition of Weld Metal:
Typical Mechanical Properties of Weld Metal
|Alloy wt %||C||Mn||Si||Cr||Ni||Mo||P||S||Cu|
|Ges 308L||0.030||0.88||0.60||19.25||9.67||0.12||0.018||0.014||0.21|Notes on Usage:
|Mechanical Properties||Y.S. (Mpa)||T.S. (Mpa)||El (%)||CVN (J/)|
- Dry the stick electrodes at 300-350°C for one hour before welding. Do not dry them twice to avoid detachment of covering.
- Be sure to remove moisture, oil and rust on the base metal.
- Try to reduce heat input.
- Choice of current: I=(25~40)*D; D means diameter of stick electrode.
- Keep short arc length when welding to prevent the crack.
- Control interpass (layer) temperature to make it under 100°C.
- Remove the slag after each welding process.
- Current type: DC+
- When using AC, the stick electrode will become hot easily and there will be more spatter during welding process. The situation can be improved by using DC.